This is the final week of the Nelsonville-York Youth Basketball League. Thanks to everyone for their support.
Please help out as much as possible this Saturday at the school. Everyone's help will be needed to finish strong.
The concession schedule has been revised as of 3/25.
Note: Due to safety concerns due to automobile traffic, all games will now be played at Nelsonville-York Elementary School.
Game schedule for 3/28
800 2-3 Booth vs Mock
845 2-3 Booth vs Walter
930 2-3 Lavy vs Spackey
1015 2-3 Lavy vs Mock
1100 2-3 Walter vs Fowler
1145 2-3 Spackey vs Fowler
1230 K-1 Lavy vs Lawrence
115 K-1 Lavy vs Kinneer
200 K-1 Lawrence vs Bell
245 K-1 Kinneer vs Carlson
330 K-1 Pidcock vs Stobart
415 K-1 Carlson vs Bell
500 K-1 Pidcock vs Stobart
545 2-3 Bobcats vs Swope
630 2-3 Bobcats vs Inman
715 2-3 Walsh vs Swope
800 2-3 Walsh vs Inman
Work Schedule for 3/28
730-930 Lavy (2-3)
- Basket height for all grades is as follows: Kindergarten and 1st grade - 8 feet. Basket height for 2nd-3rd grade - 9 feet.
- A 27 inch basketball will be used in K-1 and a 28.5 inch basketball will be used in grades 2-3.
- All teams must play man to man defense
- Kindergarten and 1st grade games will be called very liberally. 2nd and 3rd grade games will be officiated more closely.
- No score will be kept in Kindergarten and 1st grade games. Only the 2nd and 3rd grade games will a score be kept.
- All quarters are 6 minutes long for both divisions. K-1 games will have a running clock.
- Overtime consists of one minute of playing time. If the game is still tied at the end of overtime, then the game is over and the game will be declared a tie.
- Each team will have 3 full timeouts per game.
- All defensive players must stay inside the 3 point line at all times. The entire body must be inside the 3 point line. The only exception is in the 2-3 division when the defense may pick up their player at half court in the final 2 minutes only. A fast break will be allowed in the final 2 minutes. No fast breaks are allowed during any other games at any times.
- Coaches will try to play each child as much as possible.
- Coaches are responsible for players and parents conduct. Any spectator or coach who is ejected from a game will not be allowed back for any further games in the season.Sportsmanship, good behavior, and setting a good example are part of our code. Show our kids the right way to behave.
- All K-1 games will be held at the Old Buchtel Gym and 2-3 games will be held at NYES.
- Players will only be able to play on one team per age group. *Exception - If a team has less than 5 players, the team can pick up players to reach 5 players.
Updated Thursday, July 2, 2015 11:00 AM
Wind: 2 mph mph
76° / 61°
80° / 62°
80° / 63°
81° / 61°